PAWTUCKET (Monday, November 3, 2014)– The City of Pawtucket announced its recruitment schedule and requirements for candidates to apply for positions with the Fire Department.
The application period for Firefighter candidates is from Monday, November 3, 2014 to Friday, December 5, 2014. Requirements which must be met by candidates at the time of application include the following.
• At least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen.
• A high school graduate or possess a General Education Diploma (GED).
• Furnish a photocopy of your valid driver’s license and a certified copy of your driving record, obtained from the Operator Control Office-Registry of Motor Vehicles in your state of residence.
• Furnish a certified copy of your Bureau of Criminal Identification (B.C.I.) report from the Office of Attorney General in your state of residence.
• Possess a valid Rhode Island Emergency Medical Technician License (RI-EMT), or possess a National Emergency Medical Technician Certification pending RI-EMT license at the time of application.
• Have a valid certificate of successful completion of the Physical Performance Assessment (PPA) issued by the R.I. Association of Fire Chiefs issued after April 1, 2014.
Other requirements include successfully passing each phase of the examination process including the Firefighter Written Examination, Oral Board interview, physical and psychological examination including drug screening, successful completion of the Pawtucket Fire Academy, and being able to perform the essential job functions of a Pawtucket Firefighter.
Firefighter applications are available online www.pawtucketri.com under Job Postings. Click here for more information. All applications must be returned in person to the City of Pawtucket, Department of Personnel, 137 Roosevelt Ave., Pawtucket, R.I., Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Personnel Office may be contacted at 401-728-0500 ext. 235 or ext. 276.
The City of Pawtucket is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. Pawtucket residents (for the past three years as of November 3, 2014) will receive five additional points in the overall hiring process.